Year of Tolerance
About the Year of Tolerance
Tolerance and Forgiveness are a duty. If The Almighty Creator forgives and we as human beings are His creation, then shall we not forgive?
- The Late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan
His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, has proclaimed the year 2019 to be the "The Year of Tolerance" in the UAE, highlighting the UAE as a global capital for tolerance, and emphasizing tolerance as a universal concept and a sustainable institutional endeavor through legislation and policies aimed at entrenching the values of tolerance, dialogue, coexistence and openness to different cultures, especially amongst youth, which will reflect positively on society as a whole.
The Year of Tolerance embodies the approach adopted by the UAE since its establishment to be a bridge of communication between the people of the world and their various cultures, in an environment of openness and respect that rejects extremism and promotes coexistence.
Devoting efforts to building a tolerant society that believes in the importance of human communication.
To highlight the impact of tolerance, and to expand the scope and opportunities for communication and dialogue.
- To establish values of tolerance, communication and coexistence in society.
- Introducing the UAE model of tolerance to the world to become part of community virtues.
- Enabling tolerance in society through policies and legislation.
- Openness to other human cultures.