A complete application must be submitted to the Authority according to the form prepared for this purpose (Form 20110) through the legal representative of the fund. The application should include an electronic copy and hard copy of the documents described in the application form as shown on the list of documents as well as other data or documents that may be requested by the Authority at its own discretion.
They are as follows:
Documents relating to the legal representative of the fund:
- Supporting document to prove that the applicant is the legal representative of the Fund in the United Arab Emirates.
- Copy of supporting to prove that the applicant's was established, and exercises its activities in accordance with the regulations applicable at its domicile.
Documents relating to the Fund:
- The Offering Prospectus and investment policy (Prospectus of the fund or a special offering memorandum of the fund) (stamped with the seal of the applicant on each page).
- Copy of the approval issued by the foreign regulator to establish the fund. (Stamped with the seal of the applicant on all pages).
- A copy of the receipt of payment of the prescribed fee (application fee for the registration of a foreign investment fund units within the UAE).
Documents relating to each local promoter of the respective fund:
- Undertaking of the local promoter of the legal representative (a separate undertaking by each promoter) including all undertakings associated with the promotion process according to the approved Authority form. (Form 20121 for public offering - and Form 20122 for private offering)
- An undertaking issued by the local promoter of the foreign investment fund to fulfill all requirements related to managing the risks associated with money laundering crimes and combating the financing of terrorism as well as the financing of illegal organizations as per the requirements. of the Authority.
In the case of a local promoter applies for approval on promotion for the first time the following documents must be submitted in addition to the above undertaking:
- Memorandum of Association, trade license and license of the Central Bank (for entities licensed by the Central Bank) of the local promoter.
- Authorization to sign the deal with the undertaking provided to the Securities and Commodities Authority and subsequent applications.(Form 10004).
applications should be sent to the attention of:
HE Dr. Obeid Saif Al Zaabi
Chief Executive Officer
Securities and Commodities Authority
To the following Address :
Head Office - Abu Dhabi
Address: Hamdan Street - AL Gaith Tower -13th Floor
Telephone: (+971 2) 6277888
Fax: (+971 2) 6274600
P.O.Box: 33733 - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Address: Al Garhoud Area - SCA Building
Telephone: (+971 4) 2900000
Fax : (+971 4) 2900800
P.O.Box: 117666 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates